Pilot districts for the Teacher/Principal Evaluation Pilot were selected by a steering committee of representatives from OSPI, the Governor’s office, WSPTA, WEA, AWSP, WASA, and WSSDA (added in May 2011). The review committee then made its recommendations to Superintendent Dorn.
Districts were chosen based on a number of factors, including collaboration with local associations representing teachers and principals. Chosen districts also agreed that their pilots would include a number of activities, including:
- Development of criteria for the evaluations
- Identification of (or development of) appropriate multiple measures of student growth
- Development of evaluation forms
- Submission of evaluation data and all district collected student achievement, aptitude, and growth data regardless of whether the data are used in evaluations
- Collaboration with other pilot districts, OSPI, the Governor’s office, WSPTA, WEA, AWSP, WASA, and WSSDA during the pilot process
Districts will receive between $100,000 and about $180,000 a year for the two years of the pilot. Proposed budgets will be submitted in September 2010. Funding for the second year of the pilot will be contingent on funding being provided by the Legislature in the next biennial operating budget.
Map of TPEP Pilot Sites
Pilot Site Table and Links