Washington State’s Teacher and Principal Evaluation Pilot will train a corps of Instructional & Leadership Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialists (CFFSs) who can support the state’s 2,800 principals as they implement a new evaluation system for teachers. With priority given to the 65 districts with Regional Implementation Grants (RIGs), OSPI intends to train 900 principals, assistant principals, and district administrators in August of 2012 and 1,800 in the spring and summer of 2013.
Instructional Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialists (ICFFS)
The Instructional Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialist (ICFFS) is a distinguished teacher-leader, principal, instructional coach, mentor, or other talented educator with demonstrated ability to:
- observe teaching and provide feedback regarding performance using rubrics connected to an instructional framework,
- conduct conversations that elicit additional evidence of teacher performance on criteria not directly observable in the classroom, and
- facilitate reflection and goal-setting that supports educator growth over time.
The Center for Strengthening the Teaching Profession (CSTP)
- Co-create the June curriculum, with OSPI, ESD and the three frameworks authors.
- Co-create the August curriculum with the ICFFS who will teach it.
- Contract with ICFFS and manage payment of stipends.
- Support continued learning opportunities through the school year.
- Staff summer 2012, spring 2013, and summer 2013 workshops for principals and assistant principals with ICFFS matched by region and framework.
In addition to recruiting applicants for the Instructional Criteria and Feedback Specialist positions and managing the ICFFS selection process in consultation with OSPI, CSTP will:
ICFFSs have committed to:
- Participate in four days of training June 26-29, 2012 at SeaTac.
- Become a specialist in one of the three instructional frameworks.
- Co-teach at least one two-day training for principals in August.
- Participate in a learning community and coaching relationship.
- Be available five days during the school year to continue learning from framework authors.
- Be available five days through the school year to support framework-specific regional network meetings coordinated by the ESDs.
Applications for the ICFFS positions are now closed and applicants will be notified by April 30th.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org