Washington State’s Teacher and Principal Evaluation Pilot needs a corps of Instructional & Leadership Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialists (CFFSs) who can support the state’s 2,800 principals as they implement a new evaluation system for teachers. With priority given to the 65 districts with Regional Implementation Grants (RIGs), OSPI intends to train 900 principals, assistant principals, and district administrators in August of 2012 and 1,800 in the spring and summer of 2013.
Leadership Criteria & Framework Feedback Specialist (LCFFSs)
The Washington State Leadership Academy (WSLA) will train Leadership Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialists to support principals and district administrators throughout the state as they begin to implement the new Washington State Principal Evaluation System.
WSLA will partner with OSPI to provide professional development in August, 2012, with continued support throughout the 2012-13 school year, to principals and district administrators in the Washington school districts with Regional Implementation Grants (RIGs).
There are plans for school and district-level administrators in the remaining Washington districts to receive the same opportunities during the 2013-14 school year; therefore, the possibility exists for a continued need for Leadership CFFS in the future.
Essential Experience and Skills:
The Leadership Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialists will be distinguished leaders of learning who are currently working in or recently retired from educational administration and with demonstrated, effective experience in supervision, evaluation or coaching of educational administrators. The Leadership CFFS will have the ability to:
- Observe and provide feedback regarding performance of school principals using rubrics connected to the State-approved Leadership Framework developed by The Association of Washington School Principals.
- Conduct conversations that elicit additional evidence of principal performance on criteria not directly observable.
- Instruct workshops and/or facilitate reflection and goal-setting that supports educator growth over time.
The Leadership Criteria and Framework Feedback Specialists will:
- Participate in 4 days of training, June 26-29 at SeaTac.
- Be available for instruction and/or facilitation with principals and district-level administrators during August 1-3 OR August 13-17.
- Become familiar with three state-approved Instructional Frameworks.
- Become a specialist in the AWSP Leadership Framework and accompanying rubric.
- Participate in learning community and coaching relationships.
- Be available for 10 to 12 days during the 2012-13 school year to continue learning and instruct, facilitate and/or coach RIG principals and district administrators.
- Be prepared to accept a contract as a Consultant for Professional Services.
- Work directly with The Director of The Washington State Leadership Academy.
Those selected will be compensated according to The Washington State Leadership Academy current compensation rate:
- $650.00 per day for instructing.
- $600.00 per day for planning for instructing.
- $600.00 per day for facilitating and/or coaching.
Pre-approved travel will be reimbursed according to the policies of the Association of Washington School Principals.
Applications are now closed. Notification will be on or before April 30, 2012.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 359-2618.